Project

General

Trouble with out/incall

Added by Steve Smith about 1 month ago

Hi,

I've had a lot of fun setting up basic things with the API. However, when it comes to outcalls and incalls, things just don't go right. I get this error from Asterisk after trying to dial a number through an outcall trunk with a prefix on an extension;

[2019-10-15 09:12:17.1340] NOTICE[3328]: res_pjsip_session.c:3045 new_invite: Call from 'h2nyfesc' (UDP:76.1.1.1:5060) to extension '7917704557141' rejected because extension not found in context 'internal'.

I keep running into issues with contexts but I don't see how to correct them with either the web GUI or the API.

Thanks,
Steve

Replies (6)

RE: Trouble with out/incall - Added by Sylvain Boily about 1 month ago

Your number is not in the internal routing plan (context internal)

RE: Trouble with out/incall - Added by Steve Smith about 1 month ago

Yes, the CLI told me but ddn't explain how outbound calls are supposed to jump into the outcall context. Somehow I got it working, but I've tried to reproduce it and I fail every time. I've nested every context inside each other and out but it still complains. Also it rejects calls from registered providers with 401/Unauthorized. I don't understand seeing how they are coming from a registered provider.

Thanks,
Steve

RE: Trouble with out/incall - Added by Sylvain Boily about 1 month ago

This is an external call? You need to have a context for the outcall calls, one for incoming calls and another for the user. So context is routing plan. But each contexts are independent. You need to connect the outcall in the internal if you want to have the capacity to make an external call from a user who are in internal context. If you want to play with the API we just add a swagger console to help people. Check https://wazo-platform/documentation in api console. Hope this help you.
For the incoming, configure your sip trunk to your incoming call context.

RE: Trouble with out/incall - Added by Steve Smith 30 days ago

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. I do indeed have the contexts set up correctly, with outcalls for the trunks but nested in the internal. It's working on one machine, but I have been unable to make it work on any other. I have incalls and outcalls included in the internal context. Also I use different prefixes for different carriers, but oddly enough (on the one the works on outbound) it selects the same carrier regardless of what prefix is used. It knows it's there, since it removes it and sends the right number to the trunk.

I have played with the API a good deal. I'm looking forward to the other services (like webhooks) becoming available. I'll look at the swagger console.

Regards,
Steve

RE: Trouble with out/incall - Added by Steve Smith 30 days ago

Hi,
I just saw that webhooks and more are available in the swagger console. Excellent!

RE: Trouble with out/incall - Added by Steve Smith 27 days ago

I finally got outcall working. It was neglecting to put an underscore in front of the outcall extension. So now, along with setting the trunk to incall, both outgoing and incoming calls work.

(1-6/6)