Wazo and directory

Added by Adrian Cadabon 3 months ago

Hi,my name is Adrian, and I am from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
More than 1 year ago started using xivo.
Now I'm using wazo, and I wanted to tell you about a problem I have.
I can not see the directory on the grandstream phones (GXV3240 and GXP 1405)
In PIAF, I had a script in php that extracts them from mysql and saved them in XML format.
In wazo, after reading the documentation, I can not understand how the directories work.
Basically, I need to do a directory export to XML or CSV, so I can import it to the phones.
Is it possible to do this?
Or is there another way to view the directory from the phones?
Thank you very much.

Replies (2)

RE: Wazo and directory - Added by Sébastien Duthil 2 months ago

Hi,

usually, phones are able to search in an external directory, trough a HTTP request. In Wazo, the flow is usually:

phone -> GET HTTP -> xivo-dird-phoned -> GET HTTP -> xivo-dird -> looks up in the Wazo users (database), phonebook (database), personal contacts (database), LDAP, other external directories, etc.

According to the Grandstream doc, this is available in Grandstream phones, however:
  • the Grandstream provisioning plugin does not provide the Grandstream phones with the necessary config for the phonebook
  • the xivo-dird server that handles directory requests does not support the Grandstream XML format for directories. So it needs some development for the Grandstream directory to work out-of-the-box with Wazo. Technically, this is a Python plugin very similar to this one, but I wouldn't know how hard the Grandstream view would be to implement.
About exporting the phonebook, there is only a JSON output via REST API. You can export two different directories:
  • the list of internal Wazo users via xivo-confd GET /users
  • the contacts in a Wazo phonebook (Services > IPBX > Phonebook) via xivo-dird: GET /tenants/{tenant}/phonebooks/{phonebook_id}/contacts where tenant is the name of your entity

To see how to use the REST API, see http://documentation.wazo.community/en/latest/api_sdk/rest_api/quickstart.html

RE: Wazo and directory - Added by Adrian Cadabon 2 months ago

Thank you very much for your answer. I'm going to test the REST API, just as grandstream has a tool for generating and exporting contacts. I will use this until I test the API.
Thank you.

(1-2/2)