incoming caller id displays the phone number being dialed not the number dialing

Added by ben uecker 5 months ago

Calls coming into the VoIP system are displaying the number being called instead of the person calling. So if 555-1212 calls the voip system number 999-1212 the 999-1212 number is being displayed. I've attached the log of a call I made into the system. I do have superfecta installed but it's never actually worked - at least I don't recall it ever working.

The second question, which isn't as important, is I have been unable to spoof the caller ID of my landlines connected to obi110. It always displays the landline as the caller id number when calling out from them. Caller ID fields are blank for trunks and dialplans.

log.rtf (34.8 KB)

Replies (4)

RE: incoming caller id displays the phone number being dialed not the number dialing - Added by Sébastien Duthil 5 months ago

I did not look at the logs yet, but some quick guesses:

1. Did you set the field CallerID in the definition of your trunk SIP? If so, you should empty this field, its only purpose is to override the CallerID of incoming calls.
2. Some operators won't allow CallerID spoofing, and just silently replace the CallerID with the one they know about. Do you know of other people who have been able to do that with your operator?

RE: incoming caller id displays the phone number being dialed not the number dialing - Added by ben uecker 5 months ago

1. yes. The trunk caller ID fields are empty.
2. This is a pstn so yes, I can't rule out that I can't change the caller ID.

RE: incoming caller id displays the phone number being dialed not the number dialing - Added by ben uecker 4 months ago

Just an FYI since this happened twice to me.

For some reason I have been entering in the callerID into the callerid field for the trunk.

RE: incoming caller id displays the phone number being dialed not the number dialing - Added by Graham Chapman 4 months ago

I think the Obi settings are your problem rather than Wazo. I have Obi110 successfully passing CID where CID appears as XIVO_SRCNUM in logs whereas yours shows what I presume to be your number instead. I don't see SRCNAME in my logs but is that holding the correct number?. As regards outgoing spoofing I agree with previous reply. Most providers will only permit it (if at all) if you can verify ownership of replacement number.

(1-4/4)