Developer Question: disabling provd's twistd custom tftp handler

Added by Brian Kelly 5 months ago

Is the following and acceptable solution???

I have a system that doesn't need provisioning services. Wazo's provisioning uses a twistd custom TFTP program that grabs port 69, that prevents using a regular TFTP server on the same box. You could change the port of the standard TFTP server but many clients wouldn't be able to find it.

A way to "disable" the Wazo twistd tftp implementation is to change its port number to something other than 69 in the file /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/provd/config.py

By making that change you can then run a regular tftp server without issue.

This seems to work without affecting anything else.

Comments?

Replies (2)

RE: Developer Question: disabling provd's twistd custom tftp handler - Added by Pascal Cadotte-Michaud 5 months ago

Hi,

the right way to change the tftp port of xivo-provd would be to create a new configuration file with the value you want. To do so you can

mkdir -p /etc/xivo/custom-templates/provd/etc/xivo/provd
cp /etc/xivo/provd/provd.conf /etc/xivo/custom-templates/provd/etc/xivo/provd/provd.conf

edit "/etc/xivo/custom-templates/provd/etc/xivo/provd/provd.conf" to add the "tftp_port=????" line that you want

xivo-update-config

That way your configuration will survive upgrades.

Obviously your phones will not get their configuration files and firmware. Other than that I could not say if there's going to be other side effects to this change.

RE: Developer Question: disabling provd's twistd custom tftp handler - Added by Brian Kelly 5 months ago

Thx. Survivalablity was a concern. I'll give that a try.

(1-2/2)